Favorite scenes of Doctor Who 8.05 “Time Heist”
▬ The Eyebrows.
uh oh [x]
THEEEEEEEY CALL ME CUBAN PETE
IM THE KING OF THE RUMBA BEAT
WHEN I PLAY THE MARACAS I GO
CHIC CHICKY BOOM CHIC CHICKY BOOM
✔ READING ABOUT FICTIONAL CHARACTERS DATING EACH OTHER
ok do you see this Legendary Epic woman right here? this is wendy fucking carlos and i’m going to describe to you why wendy carlos is 30 thousand times better than you
- she is a 74 year old trans fucking woman. she remembers having dysphoria at age five and started hrt in 1968. you think transitioning is difficult now? try doing it in 1968. the thought scares the shit out of me.
- her first album, switched on bach, is a literal hour of her playing bach’s music on synthesizers. that’s classical edm. edm wouldn’t exist if she hadn’t brought synthesizers to prominence. the catch? synthesizers in 1968 were monophonic. that means you can only play one note at a time. wendy carlos sat there and played each instrument’s piece of bachs music at least 6 times per symphony, painstakingly overdubbing and rerecording each line, one at a time.
- oh yeah, switched on bach was the first classical album to sell more than 500k copies and she won 3 grammies and stayed on the billboard #1 pop charts for 17 weeks.
- you know tron? that really awesome movie whose sequel daft punk made the ost for? wendy is the original daft punk. tron’s soundtrack was all her; not only that, but so was a clockwork orange and the shining.
- in 1998 this piece of shit momus (aka nick currie on wired) made a song mocking wendy’s sexual orientation. $50k of currie’ money later, she forced him to remove that song from his entire collection, have the master destroyed, and his music career fucking died after that.
figured i’d post this since daft punk keep getting a lot of love. i love daft punk, but they owe their lives to this fucking badass.
the bach music she played on synthesisers was for the movie “a clockwork orange”, and without her music one of the greatest movies of all time (in my opinion) would’ve been really bad
also she was A TRANS WOMAN IN 1968 for fucks sake
she was awesome as fuck.
share a coke with your own crippling sense of loneliness and inability to be mentally present in the real world
i like to use exclamation marks because they cover up the fact that i am dead inside!!!!